Sunrise

Sunrise
Sunrise on Sunset Beach

Monday, September 2, 2013

To My Daughter, Turning


Athens, Georgia
September 2, 2013

There was a time before
– so asserts the desert
mind – before your tiny face
carved love on our hearts,

Bound to a new blessing
of joy and terror, tied
to a miracle, millennia in
making, robust and fragile

Both, the improbable becoming
inevitable as time reveals
fresh wonders, which always
lay latent in life, in stardust,

In what came before. There is
no time before we loved you
and there can never be
a world where we do not.




3 comments:

  1. I love this one. Happy birthday Sarah!

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful words, Bob. She's a very lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I will be grandparent of two grand daughters arriving in January, I will save this one for future reference. Thank you for capturing thoughts I have not yet enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete